One of my favorite place to go have fresh seafood is at Fishing With Dynamite in Manhattan Beach, CA. It’s sometimes very difficult to get a table here not only because it is so popular, but it is really small. It has been around here for about 5 years and I love their oyster bar. One of the very interesting dish I had here was actually not seafood, but instead dessert. You know I have a sweet spot with everything sweet. So instead of driving here and trying to figure out the parking situation, which can be hard on the weekends, why not recreate this amazing dessert with a healthier for you ingredients? This is a smaller personal size of the key lime pie with all the tangy custard filling and pastry crust that I love, but without having to bake an entire pie. Or rather yet, not have to bake at all.
- 3 tablespoons organic unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons cane sugar
- 1/2 cup organic graham cracker crumbs
- 1 14-ounce can organic sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup fresh organic lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lime peel
- 1 cup chilled whipping cream
- Start off by melting the butter in small skillet over medium heat.
- Mix in the sugar and stir until bubbling for approximately 1 minute.
- Next, stir in graham cracker crumbs. Continuing stirring until the color deepens for about 3 minutes. Place this onto a plate and let it cool.
- Next, blend the condensed milk, lime juice and lime peel in a large bowl. The mixture will become thick.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream in medium bowl until firm peaks form; fold into lime mixture.
- Place 1/4 cup lime mousse in each of six 8- to 10-ounce glass cups.
- Top each with 1 tablespoon crumb mixture, then 1/4 cup mousse.
- Top parfaits with remaining crumb mixture.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours before serving.