I love Korean food for multiple of reasons. Two main reasons is because it is very easy to make and is very healthy. Kim-chi is really good fermented cabbage for your stomach. Kim-chi is good for gut health. I enough this spicy kim-chi fried rice dish because it is so easy to make. Usually the dish is made with white rice if you eat at restaurants in Koreatown. I like to substitute the white rice for brown, purple, or cauliflower rice. The health options are endless!
- organic olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2-3 cups cooked brown, purple, or cauliflower rice
- 2 cups organic forzen peas and carrots
- 1 cup organic kimchi (more or less to taste)
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 3 beaten organic cage-free eggs
- 1-2 tablespoons chili paste or sriracha for topping
- sesame oil and/or sesame seeds for topping
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Saute the garlic until lightly brown
- Combine the rice, peas and carrots, kimchi, and soy sauce into the skillet.
- Stir-fry for a few minutes or until everything is warmed and sizzling.
- Make a hole in the center and add the eggs. Scramble the eggs in the center of the pan and then mix them throughout the rice.
- Serve with chili paste, sesame oil, sesame seeds, and green onions.
- Optional: add a sunny-side egg on top.