One of the very best and most popular appetizer at most upscale restaurants. Most of the variations are similar and it is very easy to make this bone marrow and toast dish. It is pricey to eat out because bone marrow is expensive. But it is an extremely easy dish to make to serve at your next gathering. Here’s how.
- 8 -12 beef bones marrow (approximately 3 inches long each)
- 1 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 2 thinly sliced shallots
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons organic extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- coarse kosher sea salt
- toasted bread cut into 1/4 inch slices
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Put bones, cut side up, on foil-lined baking sheet.
- Cook the bone marrow until the marrow is soft and has begun to separate from the bone. This will be approximately about 15 minutes. (Remember to stop before marrow becomes too liquidly).
- Mix the parsley, shallots and capers in small bowl.
- Before the bone marrows are ready, combine the mixture above with olive oil and lemon juice and drizzle over bone marrow.
- Add a little bit of salt for taste.
- Put roasted bones and toast on a large plate.
- Scoop out marrow and spread on toast.