How creative can you be in the kitchen? One of Allrecipes’ home cooks just raised the bar! How do I know? The #1 brand-new recipe last week was Bacon Breakfast Cookies from Spikesmom. Wow! Talk about clever yummy ideas!
Fall veggies and Halloween also grabbed the spotlight last week. Chef John got in the action and our two top videos featured recipes with butternut squash, while search terms were all about Halloween, Halloween, Halloween—from pumpkin seeds to roasted pumpkin seeds. Here’s the recipe rundown:
- The #1 new recipe last week was Bacon Breakfast Cookies
- Chewy Red Raspberry Squares made with raspberry jam received the largest increase in page views last week
|Chewy Red Raspberry Squares (Photo by abapplez)|
|Butternut Squash Ravioli (Photo by Joanne W.)|
- Butternut Squash Soup II saw the largest increase week-over-week in Recipe Box saves
|Butternut Squash Soup (Photo by tahoegirl)|
For home cooks on the site, the fastest growing week-over-week internal search terms included Halloween punch, pumpkin seeds, roasted pumpkin seeds, and Halloween appetizers.
On the video landscape, the top new video fit right into the Halloween theme: Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies landed in the #1 spot, based on the most average plays per day during the week after release.
|Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies (Photo by mominml)|
- Butternut Squash Soup II earned top rank for overall video page views and for page views referred directly from a search
- Broccoli, Rice, Cheese and Chicken Casserole claimed the most page views, excluding all featured videos
|Broccoli, Rice, Cheese and Chicken Casserole (Photo by gsarah18)|
Posted by Renny Sabina, Business Analyst