Summer might be simmering to a close, but you wouldn’t know it from this week’s top search term: popsicle recipes! (That’s keyed off external searches to Allrecipes.com.) It might mean these summer treats are a coveted after-school treat? We call them ice pops on Allrecipes.com, but by any name, they’re a favorite icy treat on a hot day.
|Orange-flavored Homemade Ice Pops (Photo by KGora)|
|Hot Tamale Pie (Photo by Denise)|
- The #1 new recipe last week was 7-Up® Biscuits, which includes the totally off-beat idea of using lemon-lime soda as an ingredient to make biscuits—along with butter and sour cream. Of course!
|7-Up Biscuits (Photo by Molly)|
- Hot Tamale Pie received the largest increase in page views week-over-week, along with having the highest increase in recipe box saves and prints. The top video performer of the week featured Chef John’s How to Make Tamale Pie, so now you know why there’s an overlap. Go, Chef John!
- Other fast-growing search terms driving traffic to the site included chicken stir fry recipe, chocolate cake recipe, and beef stroganoff recipe. Among internal search terms, the fastest growing terms last week included tamale pie, peanut butter bars, chicken piccata, and Mexican casserole. What a delicious ending for August!
|Country House Bed & Breakfast Casserole (Photo by The British Baker)|
- Jay's Signature Pizza Crust was the top performing video based on page views, excluding all featured videos
- Simple Garlic Shrimp was the top performer for page views referred directly from a search engine
Posted by Renny Sabina, Business Analyst