The Allrecipes.com Dinner Spinner app gives you access to thousands of top-rated recipes – with photos and reviews from Allrecipes’ community – right in the palm of your hand. You can choose your dish by type, ingredient or desired “ready in” time, and even shake your phone to spin the slot-machine style search feature for spontaneous delicious meal ideas. And now, with the new app, we’ve added the ability to add a custom tile to your spinner. If tilapia or quinoa is a staple in your home, add these to your spinner to quickly search against these items.
Imagine this scenario: There’s a stellar deal on pudding – buy one pack, get two free – but you’re not too sure what you can do with three packs of this snack. No worries! Scan the grocery barcode with your smart phone using the new Dinner Spinner app, and you’ll be able to find over 800 recipes to put that pudding to good use such as Allrecipes' community favorites like Too Much Chocolate Cake or Award-Winning Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Check out this video to see how Dinner Spinner with Grocery Scanner works:
Top 5 Ways to Use the Grocery Scanner
- Quickly scan a grocery item’s barcode to search for recipes with related ingredients.
- Manage shopping lists with the touch of a finger. Out of milk? Scan the carton’s barcode before it hits the recycle bin to add milk to the list.
- Scan groceries to easily keep track of what’s in the kitchen. Check your scan history at the grocery store so you don’t buy something you already have at home—It's like having a virtual pantry on your phone.
- Save money by scanning sale items to find related recipes. For example, if Greek Yogurt is on sale, but you aren't sure what to do with it, a quick scan reveals nearly 100 matching recipes ranging from an easy Tzatziki Sauce to a delicious Garlic Feta Dip!
- Search the fun and easy way! Add a custom panel to the Dinner Spinner’s slot-machine-style search feature. Quickly scan or manually add favorite ingredients such as rice or sour cream to find recipes with ingredients that match. Undecided? Let the spinner choose!
Give the new app a spin! To download the new Allrecipes.com Dinner Spinner apps, visit the Apple App Store, Amazon Appstore or the Android Marketplace Google Play.