Move over burgers! Salmon reigned last week (7/17 to 7/23/2015) as king of the grill. A new potato recipe popped up as most popular, and lots of DIYers grabbed a copycat recipe for that famous coffee company’s coffee-caramel frappiccino. Other home cooks wanted help deciphering metric measurements and Cajun seasoning. Read on for a summary of last week’s hottest recipes and search terms:
- A sweet-savory marinade based on soy sauce and brown sugar gave Grilled Salmon I the largest increase in page views and prints last week
|Grilled Salmon I (Photo by *Sherri*)|
- Dessert in a glass, Starbucks® Caramel Frappuccino Copycat Recipe saw the largest week-over-week increase in Recipe Box saves
|Starbucks Caramel Frappuccino Copycat Recipe (Photo by Crystal Bodyroc McGlown)|
- Coated with bread crumbs and seasoned with paprika, garlic powder, chili powder, and salt and pepper, last week’s most popular new recipe was Crispy Potato Wedges
|Crispy Potato Wedges (Photo by lutzflcat)|
Last Week’s Top Search Terms
Metric-oriented home cooks wanted information last week made how many grams in a cup the fastest-growing week-over-week search term driving traffic to the site. Other fast-growing search terms driving traffic to the site were for favorite desserts--fresh peach cobbler recipe and Bananas Foster, plus family pleasing cheeseburger soup.
The fastest growing week-over-week internal search terms last week were a mix, ranging from chia, oven-fried pork chops, Cajun chicken pasta, and Cajun seasoning to breakfast recipes.
Top 10 Year-Over-Year Fastest Moving Key Words
Are home cooks using different key words to find recipes this year vs. last year during the same week of July? Yes, when Allrecipes’ fastest-growing external search terms are compared. Meatloaf was the star of external searches this time last year, but it’s even more popular in 2015. This is equally true for cornbread recipes, banana banana bread, and cheesecake brownies. Other key words reflect seasonal interests (peach cobbler, homemade ice cream) as well as weeknight dinner favorites such as baked potatoes, ramen noodle options, and Parmesan chicken.
FASTEST-GROWING Year Over Year KEYWORD (External) SEARCHES (July 17-23, 2015)
1. Meatloaf recipes ground beef +178%
2. Garlic butter +161%
3. Cheesecake brownies +131%
4. Cornbread recipes +129%
5. Banana banana bread + 122%
6. Baked potatoes in oven +120%
7. Fresh peach cobbler recipe +107%
8. Ramen noodle recipes +102%
9. Baked salmon recipe +96%
10. How to make ice cream +79%
Have you tried making ice cream yet this summer?
-- Posted by Judith H. Dern, Senior Communications Manager